Published on August 18th, 2019 |
by Zachary Shahan
August 18th, 2019 by Zachary Shahan
The top 20 CleanTechnica articles of the past week included stories on Tesla charging costs, Tesla’s master plan, boosting the range of old EVs (in particular, the Nissan LEAF), fully developing solar power, and more. Scroll down below for the headlines.
Since I was quite busy with a move from Europe to the US at the turn of the month, I didn’t get around to publishing the top 20 CleanTechnica stories in July. That list follows the weekly list.
Top 20 of the Week
- Tesla’s Master Plan Is Working
- Tesla Model 3 Owner Drives 15,000 Miles For $630
- Sorry, Porsche — Tesla Model 3 Already Has Repeatable Acceleration. Can We Troll Fossils Instead?
- Tesla Battery Guru Jeff Dahn Claims New Lithium-Ion Cell Outperforms Solid-State Batteries
- Tesla Model 3 Outsold BMW, Mercedes, Audi, & Lexus Competitors In 2nd Quarter In USA — By A Landslide!
- A 2012 LEAF With 150 Miles Of Range
- How Much Range Is Lost On A Parked Tesla Model 3 In 63 Days?
- From 1% To 30% Solar Power Without Losing Farmland — How Is That Possible?
- Renewable Hydrogen Launches Sneak Attack On Natural Gas
- Did Tesla’s Autopilot Detect A Falling Meteor In Australia?
- Tesla Sales Tank In Europe Again (NOT)
- Jaguar I-Pace Sales Have Crashed, Dealer Inventory Exceeds 6 Month Supply
- Check Out This Wicked Awesome Tesla Model 3 Inspired By Star Wars
- The EV Future — Volkswagen vs. Toyota In One Picture
- Solar Power Is Playing A Growing Role To Save The Bees — #CleanTechnica Exclusive
- Tesla Model 3 = 4th Best Selling Vehicle in Switzerland in 1st Half of 2019
- EV Items Offers Affordable Accessories For Your Electric Vehicle
- Meet The Americana Tesla
- Tesla Cars = #1 In US Luxury Car Sales In 2nd Quarter Of 2019
- The Conspiracy Against Tesla … Is Too Obvious
Top 20 in July
- Tesla Disrupts — BMW Boss Throws In The Towel
- US Auto Sales Down For Nissan, Jeep, Toyota, Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Chevrolet, Honda, Mercedes, Infiniti, Audi, Mini, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Buick, & Cadillac In 2019
- DIY Solar LEAF Project Shows The Untapped Potential Of Solar EVs
- Automakers Paid Me To Show They Lag Tesla
- 6 Ways Tesla Ruins Everything For Incumbent Automakers
- Edmunds: Tesla Model 3 Is The “Ultimate Driving Machine”
- Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Grabs 2 Powerwalls, Expects 3-Year Payback
- The Solar Roof On Hyundai’s New Sonata Hybrid Adds 1,300km Of Range Per Year
- Elon Tweets Tesla Pickup Truck Reveal Only A Few Months Away, While Ford Impresses Joe Sixpack
- “The Model 3 Feels Like A Breakthrough Car” —CAR Magazine
- Tesla’s V3 Superchargers Deliver 250 kW Charging & 1,722 km/hr
- Tesla Supercharger Network Evolution — From 6 To 13,344 Superchargers In 6 Years
- EV Transmissions Are Coming, And It’s A Good Thing
- Tesla Gigafactory Bigger Than You Expect — Truly Gigantic
- Tesla Pickup Truck Causes Twitter Explosion, Production VP Jumps To Lucid
- Tesla Model 3 vs. BMW 230i, 330i, 440i, & i3s
- Were CNBC Sources — “Tesla Employees” — Funded By TSLAQ?
- A 4,000 Mile Road Trip In A Tesla Model 3 (Video + Interview)
- Huge Tesla High Tide In Europe — June EV Sales Report
- Tesla Model 3 Breaks World EV Distance Record — 2,781 km (1,728 miles) Travelled In 24 Hours
About the Author
Zachary Shahan Zach is tryin’ to help society help itself (and other species). He spends most of his time here on CleanTechnica as its director and chief editor. He’s also the president of Important Media and the director/founder of EV Obsession and Solar Love. Zach is recognized globally as an electric vehicle, solar energy, and energy storage expert. He has presented about cleantech at conferences in India, the UAE, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, the USA, and Canada.
Zach has long-term investments in TSLA, FSLR, SPWR, SEDG, & ABB — after years of covering solar and EVs, he simply has a lot of faith in these particular companies and feels like they are good cleantech companies to invest in. But he offers no professional investment advice and would rather not be responsible for you losing money, so don’t jump to conclusions.